Pages

Monday 7 October 2013

Initial site analyse



space analyse of Old Market Square

According to our project, our cafe will put in Old Market Square,so we research this square.I go to there during a  weekends market ,then I found  the  weekends market or activity  normally hold in the pink square,because this area is flat,it can easy to use.So I prefer put cafe in the pink area as well.




In the beginning,I want put the cafe in B,because B close the cross of the road,many people can passing this area.But after my analyse, B only has this advantage,B does not has a good environment to let people sit and enjoy coffee.C has the similar advantage, C in a exit of this area and close the fountain,but I notice many people just passing through C,compare with B ,C does not has many people to go to there.After my analyse, I prefer put initial site in A,because A meet two  conditions.Firstly, A near two main roads and close to tram station ,which has many people flow, and  one important  thing is A close to fountain. I found many people sit down around fountain.If this area has a cafe ,people can drink a cup of coffee and enjoy fountain view at the same time.It will be better than people just sit around fountain.So I prefer put cafe on A .

According to the dimensions of cafe,it is a very small space,so what functions should  contain.I think this cafe should contain three main areas,kitchen area,customer area and outdoor area,and I should design how to transport at the same time.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment